June 24, 2011

Impact in Zimbabwe















Cassie Putnam – Hand of Hope


Before I left for the Zimbabwe Medical and Dental Outreach I prayed, “Jesus, I can’t wait to see you out there”, and indeed I did see Him. I saw God’s love pouring through the hands of the doctors, nurses, prayer team, and the many volunteers it took to bring healing to the people of Zimbabwe. We treated 2,427 patients, dispensed 9,281 prescriptions, pulled 442 teeth, saw 1,297 salvations, and much more.

Many people had never seen a doctor in their lifetime, and many walked for miles through mountainous terrain to reach our clinic. The people were sick and wounded, and I will never forget the look of distress and desperation as they formed the lines outside the gates. But after they were treated by our team of doctors and nurses, the look of desperation on their face turned to a look of hope and joy and smiles.

In any given moment, multiple people were being touched by the Lord through the hands of this medical and dental team. I wish the partners could see what was happening through my eyes, and I wish they could see what a significant impact their prayers and financial donations had on the people of Zimbabwe. When the people of Zimbabwe thanked us for helping them, they were also thanking the many partners who support Joyce Meyer Ministries and Hand of Hope.


Hand of Hope is the missions arm of Joyce Meyer Ministries. Our goal is simply to help as many hurting people as we possibly can, to alleviate human suffering and to help Christians grow in their faith.