May 14, 2008

SOUTH AFRICA


Dave van Rensburg

JMM South Africa

Hand of Hope


During our prison outreach in the Gauteng Province in South Africa, we visited 29 prisons and distributed nearly 54,000 hygiene gift bags, which included a Joyce Meyer book. Numerous letters and phone calls of appreciation were received from prisoners and warders. An inmate from Leeuwkop Medium C prison near Johannesburg expressed his situation and appreciation as follows: “I had given up on life. I did not want to live anymore. I told myself that there was nothing to live for. I could and cannot still get in touch with my family and friends far away in Zimbabwe.  I would like to extend my most profound gratitude for the gifts we received from Joyce Meyer Ministries. Surely I now feel that someone cares after all.” 

Many thousands did accept Christ as their personal Saviour as the gospel message was preached and we believe that the books will make a significant impact on their new lives in Christ.  By visiting these inmates in prison, we were able to do “the possible” and we trust God that He will do “the impossible”.