June 24, 2015

Volunteer Finds Healing in Peru


Rachel Milbey served as a volunteer nurse during our 2014 outreach in Peru. 

When my husband passed away, I was in shock…it was so final. Initially, I kept myself busy to stay distracted. But later, I started feeling depressed. Not long after, I looked on Joyce’s website and saw a medical missions volunteer ad. I felt inadequate, but something compelled me to apply, and they accepted me within two days! 

I was scared. But I took that step…and it changed my life. At this medical outreach, I was a part of something so much bigger than myself. It was hard, but it didn’t matter. I realized that giving to others is just such an awesome experience—there’s an energy that lifted me up and propelled me. 

This is my purpose, and I love it. And I’m going to do it until I can’t do it anymore. 


If you’re a medical/dental professional, we’d love for you to join with us on an upcoming trip. 

Hand of Hope is the missions arm of Joyce Meyer Ministries. Our goal is simply to help as many hurting people as we possibly can, to alleviate human suffering and to help Christians grow in their faith.

Follow Hand of Hope on Facebook | Twitter